Monday, January 17, 2011

Yuengling Lager Review


Before I get to the taste and such of Yuengling, perhaps I should tell a story. When I was in college, one of my roommates from was from Pennsylvania. He would always bring Yuengling back with him whenever he went home. And since we couldn't buy it where we were in Ohio, it became like a rare delicacy for me and my roommates. Of course, that was the only reason we ever wanted him to go home for a weekend*.

Now, if you compared Yuengling in a blind taste test to other amber lagers, it might not hold up and win huge awards. It's light amber, there is some hop bittnerness and a little bit of sweetness to it. But it's light, it's crisp, it has good taste if not a ton of it, and it's supremely drinkable. If I were rating this blindly, it's probably a low B. But because of the memories I associate with it and that it's still special and rare to me, it's an A in my book. Or blog, as it were.

No comments:

Post a Comment