Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Grolsch


In the past year, I have had at least ten times more Grolsch than any other beer. By far. Is that because it's amazingly good? Smooth, big flavored, nice ABV, and cheap? No. Not at all. They use the perfect bottles for homebrewing. They're 16 oz and have the flip tops (even though you can't see it in my pic), so I don't need to use a separate capper. While I could by similar bottles empty, I figure if I'm going to buy bottles, I might as well get some beer in it!

Grolsch pours a clear gold color with a thin, quickly dissipating white head. Tastes of grass and straw, with a little bit of a dry hop finish. Some skunkiness, as well. Not a ton of character. Very one note. I'd go for this before a macrobrew, but that's about it.

Let me put it this way. I have had no trouble drinking more than 50 of these in the past year. However, since I now have all the bottles I need, I doubt I'll be getting it again

Grade: C

2 comments:

  1. Where did you buy your grolsch if you don't mind me asking?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Rays in the Clocktower Plaza in Lima

    ReplyDelete