Thursday, January 20, 2011

Rogue Mocha Porter


Rogue's Mocha Porter certainly has a lot of promise. I love porters, I love mocha, and while my experience with Rogue is limited, I have really enjoyed everything so far.

I feel like the name is a little misleading, though. I think it would be better classified as a mocha stout. It has more of the roasted and bitter flavors that I associate with a stout rather than a porter. And while the mocha flavors and creamy texture are there, it's all in the finish.

Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying this, but I don't feel like it lives up to the title. Honestly, I would like it a lot more if it had a different name that didn't mention mocha or porter.

Grade : B

P.S. I do appreciate the irony of drinking a beer like this from a Budweiser glass

No comments:

Post a Comment