Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Left Hand Good JuJu


My feelings on ginger are mixed. Love it fresh, can't stand Ginger Ale (the pop), love the women. This is my first try at a ginger beer, Left Hand Good Juju.

The color is a hazy light copper with a fluffy just off-white head. One whiff and even if you didn't read the label, you'd know it's a ginger beer. The most powerful flavor is, of course, ginger, but there's some malt and a bit of hops in the finish. It's not particularly complex, but I do think the ginger is well balanced. Just a tinge of that ginger heat, too. You don't need to worry about the alcohol in this one, just 4.5%. I'm thinking of some Chinese dishes this would be the perfect match with.

Another winner from Left Hand. I'd like a little bit more hops just to give it a bit more complexity, still it's very good.

Can't beat that bottle design, either. I don't like all their bottle redesigns, but I love this one.

Grade: B

No comments:

Post a Comment